Hi all! Do you always use wifi connection when you want to browse in internet? I am sure, some of you who use PC/laptop must be so familiar with wifi connection. Wifi connection today is easy to be found; it can be in airport, public office, garden and even in the school. You also can connect the wifi service by subscribing to internet service provider. But, today, I would like to share about how to establish your own wifi via your own PC/laptop by using CMD. CMD (command prompt) is the default software from windows which is so useful, for example: establishing Wifi/hotspot, find out the virus and delete it, and many more. Now I will share a trick which is so useful for those of you who want to establish a Wifi for yourself. Let’s go to this tutorial!
Open Command Prompt in Windows 7, Vista, or XP? It’s simple!
- Click on Start (Windows XP) or the Start button (Windows 7 or Vista).
- Tip: In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, it’s quite faster to go to command prompt in the search box at the bottom of the Start Menu and then click Command Prompt when the result comes on screen.
- Click All Programs, followed by Accessories.
- Choose Command Prompt from the list of programs.
- Command Prompt will be opened.
- You can use Command Prompt to begin the command.
But before we go to the process of establishing the wifi, here are the equipments that you need to prepare:
1) Modem/Wifi (Internet Connection)
2) Windows Operating System
3) Driver Network
The steps are:
1. Open the CMD
2. Type this code to establish the wifi connection: “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Wifi name key=password”
3. Type this code to start the: “netsh wlan start hostednetwork”
4. Open the control panel menu and find out “Network and Sharing Center” menu
5. After that, click change adapter settings
6. Then find out the name of your hotspot and then right-click and click “Properties”
7. Then click sharing and make it similar like the picture below, and click OK
8. And you see when you want to connect the Wifi and see the picture below
9. If you want to deactivate the Wifi connection, just type/copy-paste this “netsh wlan stop hostednetwork”
Note 1: You can alway create a new Wi-Fi hotspot using the same command. Every new Wi-Fi connection will overwrite the previous one.
Note 2: In order to use internet from your hosted network you must share your internet connection with the hosted network. You can do that from control pannel-> network and internet field.
If you don’t know how to do this, just google it.